The Mansfield Farmers’ Market is owned and operated by Alli Walker of Walker Events. The very first market was held at the Mansfield Primary School in September 2009 and the market has grown and prospered in the years following.
The Mansfield Farmers’ Market is a true farmers’ market, held on the 4th Saturday of the month year round. With a range of producers you can shop for fruit, vegetables, cheese, bread, speciality items such as capers, olives and oils, honey and more.
Come along for a friendly and social Saturday morning catch up – and fill your market basket with fresh local produce. Guaranteed to be straight from the producer – no resellers or “in between” people at this market.
Held in the median strip in High Street between the Post Office and the Delatite Hotel from 8.30am – 1pm the farmers’ market is a great way to buy fresh food as well as catch up with friends.
Sign up to our market newsletter to stay up to date with what is happening each month.
We guarantee that the person who is selling the product is the person who grew / made / baked / produced it.
We are proud of our market and the way that it supports local producers.
Walker Events runs events throughout the year that bring together regional food, beautiful environments and people –
- the monthly Mansfield Farmers’ Market,
- the Mansfield Lantern Festival
- Dinners and lunches that celebrate the Put Victoria on Your Table mantra
Each of these core events forms a family of experiences aimed at conveying the many facets of sustainability. Ingredients at each event are almost all local – sometimes sourced within metres of where you are sitting. Surrounded by mountains, lakes and wide horizons – the hallmark landscapes of Victoria’s High Country. In the past 5 years we have held lunches and dinners in machinery sheds, wool sheds, up mountains, in paddocks and even in an inflatable igloo. NOTHING is impossible!
With a background in health and education, Alli Walker is passionate about living in an environmentally friendly manner and encouraging others to do so as well. Further qualifications in Event management and Tourism have rounded out the “tool box” and Alli is always looking for new challenges.
As the sole business owner of Walker Events, Alli has a book full of contacts that she is not afraid to use! Team work is what this business is all about and Walker Events creates connections between other like minded businesses to make sure that the result you are getting is the result that you asked for.
On top of these regular events there are also semi – regular “special events” – dinners, lunches, food promotions, films and more. Walker Events can help YOU organise or run your own event or promotion – using the same strong environmental principles that our events follow. Please contact us for more information. Need a hand with your online and digital marketing and promotion? We can help with the set up all the way through to the publication. Read here for more information Sustainability and the environment are not an afterthought – they are the first thought.
- We work from home – an already built environment – which is a well insulated, low energy using dwelling (included on all of our Sustainable House tours)
- All printing (if we have to do it) is on recycled paper and not laminated. We try to do most of marketing within the digital world.
- Support innovation and encourage others to do so also.
Environmental Fact Sheet:
- 100% Green Energy. We also have solar panels on our roof to feed back into the grid.
- Passive solar heating – no energy hungry airconditioners or heaters.
- 100% tank water – with a worm farm septic system
- All windows are double glazed and able to be opened for cross ventilation when needed.
- Support of local producers as much as possible with all events
- Events use recyclable / biodegradable / compostable / reuseable products where ever possible.
- Food waste is composted where possible.
- Waste is taken home post event
The Mansfield Farmers’ Market operates on Taungurung country. We acknowledge the Taungurung people as the traditional custodians of this region and pay our respects to Taungurung elders past and present. We are committed to a positive future for the Aboriginal community.