Cauliflower! Love it or hate it? We LOVE it at our house. Roasted. Boiled. With cheese. In a soup.
What’s your favourite cauliflower recipe? Here are just a few from some of our market stallholders.
Baked Crispy, Nut Crumbed Cauliflower Bites
from Sandy @ Hook and Spoon
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• 3 eggs – beaten
• 1 cup nuts, crushed or almond meal mix
• 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper/tarragon
** Mix nuts, cheese and pepper together in a bowl for crumb mix
• 4 tablespoons oil for drizzling
Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Drizzle the parchment with some oil.
Place the beaten eggs in a bowl.
Crumb mix in another bowl.
Coat each floret in the egg. Then roll in the crumb dip and place on the prepared tray.
Drizzle with some more oil.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Turn over and bake, adding a little extra oil if needed.
Serve with aioli or béarnaise.
Cauliflower and capers
from Rowena @ Long Lane Capers
– cut cauliflowers into florets
– roast in a hot oven with capers and parmesan cheese
from Alli @ Mansfield Farmers’ Market
– cut cauliflower into florets
– place in large saucepan with a little bit of water (enough to cover the bottom 1/3 of the pan). Stock could also be used.
– cook until soft and then blend into a smooth soup.
– can be served with bacon pieces or croutons. Delicious with sour cream swirled through the top.
Do you have a favourite cauliflower recipe?